1.09.2007

Lie to me and tell me everything is all right.

I'm cranky after a not so fun day back at school. Gosh! This morning I was so excited too. What a huge disappointment. I'll get over it. Okay so here's a breakdown of my day:

Math - she's a nice lady. She wore this horrid black jumpsuit made of of windbreaker material with black high heels. What was she thinking? Her hair looked like it needed to be washed. She's got a severe case of ADD. She seriously asked a million questions about us today. It's good that she wants to get to know us though.

Religion and Politics - don't even get me started on this. The professor is totally awesome. He looks like Jack Nicholson in "Something's Gotta Give". There's only 13 people in that class too, 9 boys and 4 girls. Anyway, I think that material is WAY over my head, so I came home and withdrew. Adios R&P class!

Child Psychology - Did you know that if I actually paid attention and did the work for this class about 3 semesters ago I wouldn't have to be taking it right now? Yes, that is a true statement. I have a different teacher this time. She reminds me of a hyper chipmunk. Seriously she's just all over the place and mildly crazy I think. My friend Cindy is in that class with me, so with her in there it should be more fun. That class is 95% females, I only saw 2 guys sitting together, my my, they are brave souls aren't they?

Western Civilization to 1350 - this class is my favorite so far. The professor is super nice. I totally love her. She makes really dry jokes, but you have to listen carefully to get them. My only complaint is that she goes through the material very quickly. I'm an obsesive compulsive note taker and she just doesn't give me enough time to get the info from every slide written down. I don't know anyone in that class, but I met a girl named Lia. She's a Museum Studies major and is super nice. I think we'll be friends.

Oklahoma History - picture the nerdiest history teacher you've ever had. He's got reddish blonde hair and basically no facial expressions. He said he modified the class this semester to be more difficult than last semester. I swear, I think this guy feasts on the sould of innocent college students like me. Am I scared? No, I bring it on crazy guy. Seriously, (there I go again Kim) we spent all hour talking about Oklahoma rivers. Who the heck cares? That's the wrong attitude to have, I know, but you would think that on the first day of class you'd at least try to make it interesting for your students. I'm getting all of these ideas what NOT to do once I'm a teacher.

You know how in the Charlie Brown cartoons how Linus walks and that one cloud of rain pours on him all the time? That's how I feel today. Maybe that's a bit dramatic, but it's my blog and if I want to have a pity party for myself I will, thank you very much.

On a brighter note, I went to Thompson's today to buy my books and while I was getting my Math book, I accidentally grabbed the "Annotated Teacher's Edition" with ALL of the answers. How hard does that rock? Yea, it's awesome. Although I spent $179 for 3 books and 3 packs of scantrons, that kinda sucks.

I'm having dinner with Whitney tonight at Charleston's. I'm so looking forward to that. Horray!

0 comments: