12.03.2006

My new favorite thing...

So, I love typography. I just do, always have. Well, I've been downloading free fonts all afternoon so I can use them on my scrapbook pages. I really really want a printer that can print on 12x12 pages. That would seriosuly revolutionize the way I scrap. Seriously. (Speakin of that, one of my friends said I say "seriously" a lot.) I'm working on that, thanks Leslie.

Went to Kohls this afternoon with my mom. I didn't buy anything. Although, I did take a picture with my camera phoe of Kitchen Aid Mixers. Every single time I go to Kohls, or a department store I always have to look at the mixers. It's just my routine. I'm obsessed with them. But today, the one I looked at had a ribbon tied around it. SO cute! I must have one.

We're going to Wal-Mart here in a little bit. My aunt and uncle are on their way back from South Dakota and Iowa and will be spending Monday and Tuesday with us. I love them so much. My dad is one of 9 kids and my uncle Todd is his baby brother. (My dad is the 3rd youngest) anyway, Todd just worked odd jobs and when he was in his 30's he went back to college, and spent about 6 or 8 years working to be a verterinarian. While he was back in school he met my aunt Cindy. She was divorced with teenaged kids and they met and fell in love. Cindy is an occupational therapist. For a long time while they were in school they just scraped by, never really had a lot of money to do anything. They got married in 2002, on a Friday and Todd graduated from Vet school on Saturday. It was a lot of fun, one big huge party week! They moved to Texas (from Iowa) and have a cute little life now. My uncle has his own clinic and my aunt makes about $80 an hour doing occupational therapy at nursing homes and hospitals. It's just nice to see them so happy now and they have a gorgeous house and a lot of land. They have a house in Las Vegas that they rent out to vacationers and it's just nice to see them have a lot of money now, because like I said, there were many years where they were barely making ends meet during college. Anyway, they are a perfect example of how, if you work hard, you can do anything. I love them so much!!!

Okay, enough of this mushy stuff. So, today go download some fonts! Trust me, you'll be addicted! and the best part is, they're FREE!!! http://www.dafont.com

1 comments:

~Kim said...

Sister, you are behind...dafont.com has been on my list of favorites for awhile! They always come out with new fonts though, so check back often!

That is the sweetest story of your Aunt and Uncle! I mean seriously (perhaps you picked that up from me...so sorry), that is a story that will inspire anyone to do whatever it is that their heart and mind want! That's a wonderful life they have made for themselves. ENJOY THEIR VISIT!!!

I have o work on a few homework issues tonight and tomorrow. So can't wait for this semester to be over. Because when it is, I will be able to scrap instead of homework and all will be good!

Working on the Bryne thing!
~Kim