11.28.2006

How it used to be...

Ugh...am I the only one that's totally not interested in going to school today? I have a Management test this morning at 8:00. What a nice way to come back to class, ya know? Seriously, who is going to study over the break for the test? I know I didn't. I'm a slacker, I know.

I subbed Algebra at the Mid High yesterday. The teacher left NO directions for me what so ever. Ususally they leave worksheets, a video, etc. Nothing. I found her lesson plan book and saw what they should be working on, so I actually taught a lesson and assigned homework. You know how terrible I am at Math. I did surprisingly well. It was dealing with slope (rise/run) which I actually understand really well. Everyone seemed to understand the lesson and a few kids said something along the line of "Can you teach all of the lessons? Mrs. So-and-so is a BAD teacher and I don't get it". Quite flattering.

I'm loving Chris Daughtry's CD, "Daughtry" It's so good. Slightly rock-ish, mostly just great songs. I totally could picture hearing this on the radio....I wish they'd start playing it.

I started working on Christmas gifts this weekend. Emma and Meaghan are getting zig zag books that I made. I'll leave spaces for them to put pictures, but I'm decorating with some fun quotes, and embellishments, etc. Should be super cute once it's done.

Must rub to school now....yuck.

OOH! How about that OU game, huh? My dad has tickets to the Big 12 game this weekend.....should be fun!

1 comments:

~Kim said...

Congrats on an awesome subbing experience. I would hav been screwed! I know nothing about Algebra anymore.

~Kim