5.29.2007

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Just a few pictures of our garden/flowers/outside area. ALL of our flowers are in bloom and they're just gorgeous.

Calla Lillies
My mom and I have this "thing" for hydrangeas. (sp?) We love love them.
I think this is called a blood lily. It's sooo pretty. We found that one snake by this flower, so I'm a little hesitant to get too close.

My dad's shop and our storm shelter. My dad and his friend Paul built the flower bed around the shelter this past weekend and they did the path leading to the shelter. Next step is planting the things in the pots along the sidewalk.
We call this the "Grandpa" hydrangea. When my grandpa died in 1998, my mom's friend Misti gave her this plant. It was potted at the time. We planted it in our front entryway flower bed at our old house. (We moved here in May of '05) and we uprooted the grandpa plant and took him with us. The first summer after we moved it, it didn't produce ANY flowers. So, we thought it might be dead. But look at all the flowers this year!!! Just to show you exactly how big it is, on the upper right you can see my weenie dog, Susie. This plant is so much bigger than she is.

0 comments: