9.23.2008

So what? I am a rock star

I'm currently loving P!nk's "So What". Google it. Listen to it on Youtube. It's great.

I'm in a funk lately. I'm not sure how to get out of it, that's the problem. I think Brian and I need to have a talk. I feel like I'm coming in second place. He had the past 5 days off and I saw him once in the past 5 days. We were supposed to go to Tulsa this past weekend, but we didn't. I saw him for about 6 hours on Saturday evening/night. But, he's been spending a lot of time with his friend, Matt playing video games. I really want to say something, but I'm a really non-confrontational person. I don't want him to feel cornered or pressured.

But....I'm not happy. I don't feel like my needs are being met. I am a girl. I require some attention (as most girlfriends do). I've never dated someone who didn't always want to see me or spend time with me. I sometimes feel like he doesn't really care if he gets to see me. But when we are together, we have a great time.

Our work plays a big part in our relationship. He works evenings from 3:30-midnight and has Mondays and every other weekend off. For the next month I'll be in the EMS Academy daily from 8:00-5:00. So, we'll pretty much have Monday evenings and weekends to get to see each other. I knew this though when we started dating. That's one of the evils that comes with dating someone else who works in the emergency field. However, I love how we get to share details of our days and we understand how EMS works.

Today is his last day off and we're going to see "Burn After Reading" tonight.

Maybe then, we can have a little heart to heart.

Wish me luck.

0 comments: