8.17.2008

Workin' Out

Good morning. Happy Sunday!

Got some news about my job on Friday. I won't be in the September academy, but I'll be in the October one if I pass my physical. I went to the physical therapist's office on Thursday to take the physical tests. Jumping, climbing, pushing, pulling, gripping, etc. I did great....except for one little skill.

Lifting. The last skill is lifting a milk crate with 85lbs of weights in it 48". Keep in mind that I'm 5'3". Not the tallest of people. 48" comes up to my armpits. I got it almost there, but not quite. So, my job called me back and said that I didn't meet the physical requirements for the job. I was so upset. I called Brian at work crying. I've loaded people unto ambulances before. I can do this. I know I can.

So, the woman called me back and told me that I could re-do that portion of the test in a month and if I pass it, then I'll be in the October academy. So, between now and the 2nd week in September I am on a mission to lift those weights.

We went to my neighbor's house last night to grill out and have drinks by the pool while we watched the Olympics. (They have an amazing back yard patio area with 2 flat screens, fans, a bar, etc. AWESOME). They asked me if I had tested yet and how that was going. I told them about the lifting part. Cary said, "I can get you there. Come work out with me." Then he brings me to this other room in his house and it's a FULL gym. Treadmill. Weights. and a ton of other machines that I have no idea how to even use. So, I'm putting my hopes and dreams for being an EMT into Cary's hands and I'm trusting that he'll get me where I need to be to kick ass. We're going to start tomorrow and I am so excited.

That's pretty much it for news with me. I have to work this afternoon from 4p-2a. So, I'm on a mission to stay in my pajamas all day until I have to get ready for work. Nice, huh?

Enjoy!

0 comments: