8.08.2008

08.08.08


As I arrived at the testing center the paranoia kicked in and my stomach started to tumble. I feel like I'm here to do battle. They WANT to fail me and I will need to fight like hell to even have a chance.
I know it's irrational, but thats what I think. I'm not a fighter by nature, but this time, bring it on, lets get to it. It's either you or me NREMT.
70 questions later I walk out the door wondering how long it will be before I can reschedule. It was a good fight but I think they got me. A cheap shot indeed, but I think they got me. No matter, we'll fight again and things will be very different.
Called Brian on the drive home. Crying. He's reassuing, "I'm sure you did great". I know it will be at least 1-2 days before I will know the results of the fight. I was bloody, bruised and tired but I thought I got a few good shots in too. I might not have won, but that test would know he was in a fight tomorrow.
I got home. Said hi to the family. Went to bed. Tossed and turned. Cried some more. Prayed. Tossed and turned again.
8:00am the next morning....Results are in. I passed! The test rolled over and showed me its belly! I may be broken up and bruised but...
I'm an EMT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats are in order for passing your test!!
And also, because you won the "Bella" silver charm giveaway on my blog!! E-mail me @ natalieh1225@yahoo.com with your address. And, you mentioned Sooner Bella on your comment, just let me know for sure if that is what you want it to say, or if there is another "bella" that you would prefer........

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! YOU DID IT!!! Congrats to you missy. Great job!!
Corrine