10.07.2007

Happy Sunday!

Don't you just love Sundays? I do. It's a time to recap and reflect on the past week. My little sister turned 21 on Tuesday. Gosh! I feel so old! It's so weird to think that I'll be 23 in 2 months! When I was younger 23 was the magic number for me for some odd reason. I thought everything happened when you're 23, you get married and stuff like that. (The only reason I thought that was because two people I knew got married when they were 23, so that meant that everyone got married at 23, right?) Anyway, it's so weird to *almost* be 23 and see where my life is at this point. I'm in college, I have a fantastic boyfriend, my family is amazing, I have great friends and a good job. I really want to travel. Since I'm going to be a history/geography teacher I feel that it's important for me to see the things I'll be teaching my students about. I want to see Rome, Florence, Pompeii, Greece, and Egypt (to name a few). To see these places that have been around for thousands of years is just amazing.

Okay, enough about that, let's see some pictures from her party! We went to The Mont in Norman.

Me and Josh. Doesn't he look handsome all dressed up?
My sister with her blueberry margarita. SO good! If you ever see it on the menu, get it. I promise you won't regret it.
How cute is she? Seriously?! Her roommate, Kierston, got her a Disney Princess strawberry cheesecake ice cream cake from Maggie Moo's. Can you say "yum"? (I think you can see the top of Cindarella's head in the corner)
This is our friend, Drew. He's a petroleum engineering major just like Whitney. Drew and I have Art History together and Drew's birthday was on Friday. He's too funny, his dad is the CEO of a MAJOR oil company and Drew just ordered a brand new BMW 5-series (I think that's what it's called) and he said, "I didn't tell my dad. I hope he doesn't see the $60,000 charge on the credit card bill." Must be nice, huh? *ha ha*

That's it! We're celebrating Whitney and Drew's birthday tonight again at The Elephant Bar. More pictures will come later!
Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunday is movie day here...oh, what should we see today! Fortunately, my kids have developed the same bend towards indie films that I have (makes live have so many more colors!)
Love.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! I'll have to try that drink out...sounds yummy! I did'nt get married til I was 28! That was back in the early 90's. I think that is still considered young in todays world! Travel the world and enjoy that part of your life...THEN enjoy the marriage and the kids! O.k. I'll stop! have fun...smiles, Joy....