4.20.2008

Unit 20...

I was on the ambulance again yesterday. I was with Gary and Randy from Westside Station. Those guys are seriously the best. Gary is one of the funniest people I know, seriously. We had a few calls yesterday. We even invented a "curtain of silence". Gary is encouraging me to go all the way and get my Paramedic (2 years of school) so "I can take you under my wing and show you the ropes of this place". We'll see. I seriously love it though.

Both Gary and Randy have been paramedics for a while, (Randy 17 years and Gary 8) so they have been really awesome about answering questions and showing me things like how to load the stretcher in the ambulance, taking blood pressure, how the lights and sirens work (my favorite part!!), and lots of other things.

Whew! So much to do now. I have to read 2 books this week, start on my final paper, Spanish test on Tuesday, etc.

My friend Valerie is getting married in a month and we're going to her bridal shower this afternoon. I can't wait to see her. It's been a while, that's for sure!

More later!

0 comments: