6.05.2008

Ready for it?I

Happy Thursday!

All done with class for the week. Whew! I'm always ready for class on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but man, Thursdays are rough for me.

We did trauma patient assessment today. It's one of the longer and more difficult things we learn. I think I did alright. I came home and made my parents lay down on the floor and gave them scenarios and i assessed them and prepared them for transport.

Brian and I didn't go to the concert last night. I went over to his house and we watched Family Guy and he helped me study for my test. Another big step....I met his parents. They are SUPER nice people. I like 'em. I won't get to see him for a few days. Our schedules don't work right now. He's doing a double in Moore tonight. I'm off. Then tomorrow I work from midnight to 7am, he's working from 11-8am in Del City. Then I work Saturday night 7p-7a and he has off. See the problem? I guess that's what happens when we both have Emergency related schedules. The good news is that we're working on that and taking advantage of the time we do get to spend together and I believe, things are good. We're going to another concert next Wednesday and I can't wait!

So, that's pretty much what's happening in my world. I have a meeting Tuesday morning with the chief of a MAJOR fire department about possibly signing on with them once I complete the Paramedic program. That's a guaranteed job. Yes, I said guaranteed. They are on a major mission to recruit women medics to come work at the Fire Deaprtment, so I'll listen to what he has to say and see what happens. I'm majorly out of shape, so signing on with the Fire Department would be a good excuse to whip my booty in shape. We'll see what happens though.

I made a 90 (B) on my test I look on Tuesday. I wanted an A, but I'm happy that I passed. I think I might go take my second test either tomorrow or Monday. Depends on how much studying I get done though.

XO!

0 comments: