6.03.2008

I never do this...

I'm a serious commitment person. I never call in to work. I never bail out. If I say I'm going to do something, I'm in.

That is....until today......

Brian: What are you doing tomorrow? Are you working?
Me: Yea.
Brian: You should bail and come see a concert with me.
Me: I can't do that!
Brian: Hey, we're getting dispatched out. I'll call you later.

10 minutes later....

Me: Hey Bri, it's Holly. Do you want to pick up my shift tomorrow?
Bri: Seriously? Yes! I need some extra $$. Thanks dude.
Me: Not a problem. Thanks!

5 minutes after that....

Brian: It was nothing. Stupid people calling 911 for no reason.
Me: I got off for tomorrow
Brian: Good. We're going to the Diamond Ballroom to see "Hurt" play.
Me: Who are they? Is the place air conditioned?



So....that's the story. I felt awkward giving my shift away because I never do that. Oh well. Maybe every now and then is alright...don't ya think?

School was great today. We signed up for clinicals. I'm doing one with Brian, one with EMSA and one with Norman's ambulance service, the fire department and a shift in the ER. I can't wait!

It's hot and windy today. Yuck!

0 comments: