6.13.2008

Best Week Ever

Surely you've seen that VH1 show, Best Week Ever, right? If you haven't, they basically count down the events of the week with some commentary, comedians, etc. It's worth a watch if you have some time. Anyway....in true VH1 fashion, here is MY best week ever.....

Monday....

The abode got a tiny overhaul. I added my pretty new memory board and the white bulletin board to my desk area. It really de-cluttered my desk. I had lots of little scraps, pictures, etc all over my desk, so these two boards helped me out immensely. Plus, I love that I can SEE all of my treasures and scraps!

Still on Monday....

My dad and I are huge Glenn Beck fans. So, we celebrated Father's Day a little early. We had a nice Father/Daughter dinner and then went downtown to the Civic Center to see Glenn's Summer Tour, "Unelectable". If you love politics, you'll definitely like the show.

"I came in my hunting attire. I just wanted to fit in here in Oklahoma" - Glenn Beck

Beck '08
Wednesday....

Brian got us tickets to see MC Chris. All he told me was that he was a white rapper. Let me just say....rap is NOT my thing. I have no desire to hear someone talk about "f-ing their b*!ch up" or anyhting along those lines. So, I was skeptical but he kept saying "You'll like it, I promise". Okay Brian....if you say so.

MC Chris voices cartoons on the Cartoon Network and Brian was right. He is SO funny. He raps about hilarious things. Video games, cartoons, tells jokes, and put on a GREAT show. He is working on a new cartoon right now where he provides the voice for a gummy bear. Pretty funny. BUT, one weird thing, there were TONS of freaks at this show. Notice the two guys in the front with masks. Seriously, what were they thinking. Needelss to say, Brian and I made jokes about them all night long.

Thursday....

Brian's Birthday!!! We spent the evening downtown at the Bricktown Ball Park watching the Redhawks play the Nashville Sound. (Redhawks won!) This was Brian's first baseball game. My friend Kim got us free tickets (her brother plays baseball and knows the players so we had GREAT tickets - Thanks again Kim!). Plus, it was Thirsty Thursday, and you know what that means....$1 beer. After the game, we walked to the Bricktown Brewery and watched the 4th quarter of the Lakers/Celtics game. *GO CELTICS!* To finish the night off, we headed to Brian's house and played Smach Brothers on the Nintendo Wii. Needless to say, he was pretty out of it (due to his high alcohol consumption and my lack thereof) and I beat him at almost every game we played. I did let him win a few to keep his manliness in tact.

So, that's it my friends, my BEST WEEK EVER. I'm thinking about making this a weekly thing now on the blog every Friday. Let me know what you think.

Have a great weekend!


0 comments: