6.15.2008

D is for Dad

Sixlets.
Four wheelers.
Baiting my hook when we go fishing...and taking the fish off.
Husker Football
Lawn work.
Fast cars.
Hot wheels.
Protector
Handy man
Grill Master
Provider
Comedian

Yup, that's MY dad.
We go see Glenn Beck together...
But mostly we just hang out...



My dad has been self employed since I was 8 years old. I loved it. My dad was always there for school field trips and was the "Homeroom Dad". *ha ha* He was there for classroom parties and everything. My friends were always SO jealous. He'd bring us lunch at school (which was a BIG deal).

He's one of the samrtest people I know and he always seems to know when I'm fibbing. (How do parents just KNOW that?)

We talk about politics. We listen to the same radio stations. I go to him for advice. We love NASCAR.

Today will be spent grilling steaks, sides and I'm making my specialty, sautee'd mushrooms and onions. Strawberry and nectarine shortcake for dessert and the NASCAR race. Yup, it's going to be a great day

Happy Father's Day Dad! I love you.

0 comments: