9.26.2007

Live from Norman (part 2)

Good morning from Dale Hall in Norman. It's so lovely outside today, high of 79 and it's perfect autumn weather outside right now. I'm completely loving it. I'm ready to break out my amazing sweater collection. I have tons of sweaters and, in my opinion, they're the best thing about cooler weather....well....it's a tie between sweaters and hot chocolate. mmmm!

I had to get a little bit of revenge (it's so sweet) for Josh hitting that bird on Sunday afternoon. So, after class on Monday I ran to Michaels and got one of those floral birds you can use in wreaths and stuff. I also got some feathers on a stick and I put them under Josh's windshield wiper. He was totally shocked that I would actually do that to him (technically Kim thought it up though). After the bird removal, we headed out to Weatherford. If you've ever been there, it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere and there are about a million (okay, not quite a million) wind energy things. There are gigantic. Seriously....you have no idea how big they are until you get right by one. The blades are as long as 5 suburbans! I'm not going to lie, being right next to them is SO scary.



Last night we watched Josh's nieces and naphew. (From left: Lindsey(5), Brendan(3) and Lauren(7)). They are hilarious and they were all over me. Too cute. Lindsey and Lauren had dance class last night, and Brendan just hung out with us and played the Nintendo Wii. They are so funny, Josh and I were taking them back to their house and the coversations went something like this...

Lindsey: Unlce Josh?
Josh: What?
Lindsey: Are you married?
Josh: No.
Lindsey: Holly?
Me: What Lindsey?
Lindsey: Are you married?
Me: Nope.
Lindsey: {in an excited voice} Oh my gosh! You can marry each other.
Josh: Oh really?
Lindsey: Yes! (laughter) Then we can have Holly be our uncle too!
Me: Your Uncle?
Lauren: No! She'd be our Aunt, Lindsey. Uncle Josh? Can Holly be our Aunt?


Then Brendan started singing....

Brendan: I love you. You love me. I love you. You love me. I love you. You love me.
Lindsey: How do you know that I love you?

We took the kids back to their house and Josh's sister put them to bed, then the 3 of us sat and talked for a while. His sister is SO cool. We're going to be good friends, I can feel it already. We both love 80's music, we both make fun of Josh, she is a teacher and I'm going to be a teacher, and we both love Crocs.

Alright, I have a test here soon so I should get off here and start studying for it.

Later!

0 comments: