10.04.2008

October, already?!?!

Wow. It's already October! That's crazy! Where has the year gone? I abolsutel love fall. It's my favorite time of year. It's only the 4th and so many things have already happened!

First, I spent this week substitute teaching in the elementary school, 3rd grade to be exact.
A one of my students said "I drew you a picture". I glanced at it quickly and set it down on the desk. Later, I get back to the desk and I look at the picture. Hey, wait a second. WHY am I riding a broom? So I called him to my desk and said, "Why am I riding a broom?" and he replied, "Becuase I drew you as a witch. But you're a very pretty witch"

Gee, thanks.

Thursday was my sister's Birthday so she came home, we showered her with prezzies and sent her on her way. I like visits with my sister to be like that (minus the part about giving her presents) Just keep the visit short and sweet and go home. *ha ha*

Friday night was her birthday party. After dinner of "Raisin' Cane's Chicken" and fondue for dessert, she wanted to make a gingerbread haunted house. We whipped up some orange and brown icing (and by WE, I mean me) and set to work. Drew decided it would be a grand idea to take a big spoonful of the black icing and eat it....yummy.


A work in progress. My sister and her boyfriend Wyatt were hard at work on their cookie house.
Today my mom had to work, so my dad and I decided to hit the Czech Festival here in Yukon. We had a great time. It was super crowded though.


0 comments: