10.15.2008

A long day...

Today was a long day at work. We started mega codes (full arrests, pacing, asystole, chest pain). Our first run through was with Gary as our paramedic and Tammy and I as EMTs. My job was to begin CPR and switch with Tammy every 2 minutes and ventilate the patient. Our first run through was pretty rough, but we knocked it out. I did a code with Gavin, another with Gary, one with Chad, another with Gavin, one with Lisa, etc. All in all, I think I ran 6 of them. My last one was killer, I was with Gary and Coty was the other EMT. We did CPR on our patient in asystole for 30 minutes. Yes, you read that right, 30 minutes. That was with Coty and I switching roles every 2 minutes. My arms hurt.

I came home and crashed on the couch until 8:00. I will definitely be going to bed early tonight.

0 comments: