2.09.2008

Friday Night Fun

Yay it's fianlly Saturday! Oh wait....I have to work all day today and all day tomorrow.....uh oh. No fun!

I had a great night last night, which was much needed since this week was a week from hell (my dog died, school, work, etc) Jason took off work at 3 and we hit some antique stores on Western. We went into this really cool estate jewelry place too. Jason collects watches and he was drooling over some cool Rolex and Citizen watches. Me, on the other hand, I was further down looking at all of the pretty rings. The first ring I picked up was just gorgeous. It was a square diamond and it just sparkled. Probably the most beautiful thing I've ever touched. Price? Try $22,500! Yes, seriously. I put that one back and asked to look at another one, a 1930's 1.3 carat ring. Let me just say, I love vintage jewelry. There's something about that ring that made me melt into a little puddle right there on the floor. *sigh* It was perfect and around $8,000.

We had our date at Incredible Pizza. What a fun place. It was swarming with kids, but I'm so glad we went. We ate pizza in the "Starlight Room" while watching old Elvis movies. It was the least noisy of the rooms and had the least amount of kids in there! *lol* Then we went to the arcade section and let me tell you, the competition was ON. He beat me in pretty much everything, except for "Percussion Master" and skiball. Percussion Master is pretty much the best game ever. No kidding. It's like Guitar Hero only you're banging on this drum thing. Plus, the best part of that game is the music choice they've got. We chose all 80's music, "Beat It" was definitely our favorite. Needless to say, I spanked him at that. He beat me at everything else. "Whack a Mole" and we shot hoops for the basketball game for a good 30 minutes. I think we ended with 211 tickets, and we just gave them all to this little boy. He seriously thought he won the lottery or something. Awww. Hopefully he got something good with those tickets!

I think I'm going to make him cookies this week and bring them to him at work on Valetines. He'll be so surprised!

Okay, well, I better start getting ready for my fun day at work today. Can you sense my sarcasm? I'm looking forward to Monday....I'm getting a new desk for my room! More on that later!

Smooches!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cookies sound fine...just hold off on the layout! :) Hee hee hee!
Cheri'

~Kim said...

What's the joke about that Cheri??? : )

Sounds like a fun date Holly.

~Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I live in Tulsa and recently became interested in vintage finds. I would love to know where you like to go antiquing and thrifting. It would help me soooo much. Jen
jenrdh29@yahoo.com

I am so sorry about your sweet puppy. I know it is so hard to lose one of your sweet babies.