1.21.2008

Wachoo Lookin At?


Happy Monday! Did you have a nice weekend? I'm attempting to follow through on my promise to blog more, but with school and work, that's sometimes a feat. *lol*. Let's see here...
My MWF classes are pretty good, here's the break down for ya....
8:30-9:20 France and The Americas - This class is basically the history of Canada and northern Maine and the role France played in colonization. I've had this same professor before. He's young and a total hoot. Very absent minded and very easy to distract and get off topic, however, he's so full of information. I just want to absorb him forever!
9:30-10:20 - Free hour! You can find me in the library, or reading a book in some hidden nook on camus.
10:30-11:20 Spanish - La clase de espanol es no mi favorita. (I hope I said that right) I have made a few amigos in this class though and mi profesor es muy bien.
11:30-12:20 Early Moden Witchhunt - This class is really interesting and it fulfills one of my history credits. I've only been twice, but so far we've talked about why women were primarily the ones being accused of witch craft and the areas of witch craft activity. The books for this class are obscure, "Servants of Satan" and "The Witch's Spellbook". I feel really awkward carrying them around campus. As a matter of fact, I try to make a point to wear a necklace or a piece of jewelry to that class with a cross on it (...just in case...)!
12:30-1:20 Free Hour again! Who wants to go to the Union for lunch?
1:30-2:20 African American History Since 1865 - This class is probably going to be my favorite. My professor is really fantastic. Also, there are only 8 white kids in this class. Everyone else is African American. I've never been a minority in a class before, but I'm actually really looking forward to learning about Afr. Amer history and hearing about it from a non-white point of view. Should be interesting.
That wraps up my classes for the most part. I'm supposed to be practicing my Spanish for 15 minutes a night, and I haven't practiced all weekend, so I have about an hours worth of catching up to do tonight. Yikes!
I worked Friday night in the ER, but it was a really easy shift, 2:00p-10:00p. I started feeling sick towards the end of my shift though, so that was no good. I did something different, I was a tech that night. Which basically means that I was calling patients back and getting them set up in their rooms. Then once they were gone I was going in and cleaning the rooms, changing the bedding, etc. I'm sure I caught something from one of them. *Eew!*
Which leads me to Saturday.....The Paper Crown. I worked from 10-about 12:45 when Cindy came in. I felt terrible, so she traded places with me while I went home and went to bed. Being sick is terrible and since I've been working in the ER, I've gotten sick more times than I can count.
My mom had a Silpada jewelry party on Sunday. We had about 10-12 ladies here all trying on jewelry. What a fun time. I usually wear studs or short dangly earrings, but since I wear my hair down most of the time, you can't see my earrings. Our jewelry consultant, Martha, got me hooked on long dangly earrings so you can see them when my hair is down. Pretty cool if you ask me.
I've got a doctor's appointment today. My mom is convinced that I've got the flu, I think I've just got a cold or a 48 hour bug. I'm feeling a little bit better today.
Okay, now that I've updated you on my life, I need to go get ready for the doctor's appointment.
Toodles!

3 comments:

suzi finer said...

say ahhhh....
love.

~Kim said...

Lots to comment on, but I'll just say that I hope you are feeling better and it's nothing too serious.

~Kim

Anonymous said...

Omgolly! I sell Silpada Jewlery Holly! WOW it's all over this Great nation of ours! Joy~