7.24.2007

Makes me laugh...

So today I'm reading for my history class and I got to the shapter called "That Old Time Rock 'n' Roll" which I found quite amusing...

"teenages who listen to rock and roll will be addicted to pleasures of the body." Pleasures of the body! Oh my! *giggles*

What were these "scandalous" songs of the time? "If I Knew You Were Coming I'd've Baked A Cake" by Eileen Barton along with Rosemary Clooney's lyrics, "Come on-a my house / I'm gonna give you candy." Surely she wasn't talking about a Hershey bar....if you know what I mean.

"Pat Boone made rock 'n' roll safe for tender ears, hearts and other organs." Seriosuly?!?!

Maybe I'm the only one that finds this humorous....this chapter also talks about Dick Clark's American Bandstand and how the dancers were between 14 and 18. They had strict dress codes and most dances were done solo so the guys wouldn't feel up the girls.

That was so taboo for the time. Now just look....you can watch tv and hear the word "bitch" now. (For real, I heard it last night on Old Christine). You see butts, cleavage and other body parts.

My my how times have changed...

0 comments: