7.25.2007

I have lost faith...

in our justice system. How, in America, can someone make death threats to you and your family, folow you and try to run you off the road, stop their truck in tront of your house and scream, "Say goodbye to your family because I'm gonna get you", drive by your house at 2 miles an hour honking their horn, and park and sit outside your house staring you down. How can this happen and our request for a VPO get denied? Seriously. I am in shock, I'm hurt, I'm angry, and I'm fearful for my family's safety. If this isn't stalking, then I just don't know what is.

After this ordeal, I can't help but take a step back and examine my life. My family truly is amazing. This crisis has brought us closer together and made us very grateful for eachother. Today when we were in court when my dad was talking to the judge about everything we've been going through he said, "Until someone makes death threats to you and your family, you will never know the fear my family and I have been through" while saying that his voice cracked and his voice quivered. Hearing this brought me to tears. Here is my father, defending his family. I couldn't help but cry, right there in court. I feel blessed that I have such a caring family who stands together.

We had quite the entourage this afternoon too. So many neighbors showed up to support us and testify on our behalf. Situations like this show you who your true friends are. We are very grateful to each and every one of them.

What's next? It's not over. Civil harrassment cases, and a few other things are up in the air right now. We're sick....we're tired.....and we're ready to fight. We're not tolerating any more of this junk. (my new favorite song is Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It").

I need to get going....I have a final tomorrow in my history class so I should get studying.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, that is awful that you weren't able to get the protection you need and deserve. I have told you before that I think it is so sad when the place you are supposed to be able to feel the safest which is your home, is taken away. Hold on to the faith that what comes around goes around and know that someday, someway he will pay the price for his actions, just as we all will. Try to think of the positive side too, that the new family that moves into his home maybe the neighbor you all have always wanted. I say letting this whole mess be moved away by the selling of his house and open the doors to those great neighbors that came to support you and your family. Again, I am sorry it didn't go as you were hoping.
Corrine