11.14.2007

not what I thought...

Boys are just so.....ugh....darn confusing. I had a date last week....it went great. We really hit it off. He told his best friend Chris (who is my best friend's boyfriend) that he really liked me and there would definitely be a second date. We've texted a lot, and talked on the phone Monday and tonight...but no mention of another date. He told Chris that he really liked me because I'm intelligent and not like other girls. I know he's a big hunter and deer season opens this weekend....but I really want to send him a text or something saying "I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but I want to let you know that I really like you" but I think that would put pressure on him, so I'm definitely not going to do that. I'm just really unclear on where we stand.

My life isn't anywhere where I thought it would be at this point in my life. I turn 23 next month. My friends are getting married, graduating college and starting their lives. I'm still in college (I changed my major last fall) and I'll graduate next December and I'm single. I know that 23 is still young and I've got my whole life ahead of me, but I know how happy I was when I was in a relationship. I loved being someones girlfriend. But the last thing I want is to rush into something or have a rebound and then regretting it. I just want to find a good guy. Is that so bad?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lady
there is nothing wrong with wanting to be in a great relationship.....but dont ever feel you have to "settle" just because it seems like "everyone" is getting married....plenty of time for all of that! sit back and enjoy the ride and when you know that a guy is the right one you will know!!
have fun this weekend, sounds fab!!
tamy
simplymein

Anonymous said...

o.k....I know that you are not going to want to hear this, but I here I go....I did not get married til I was 28! All my freinds that have gotten married at the ripe old age of 23 are all divorced! I was so glad that I had about 7 years living on my own! I ha the best roomates...we had so much fun talking, laughing and giggling1 I think that you should move out and get a roommate and experience all the fun of living on your own and traveling! "cause once your married...and mind you i wouldn't trade my husband in for the world!!..but things do change alittle after your are married! O.k. I said it! I"m done!! Just think of me as your older sister just looking out for you! {{{Hugs}}} Joy.....

JemJam said...

Hang in there, sport!