5.21.2009

Counter offer, schmounter offer

I put a bid on a house last week and I got a response yesterday. They countered with the asking price of the house, but agreed to pay closing costs and $500 towards any repairs or work I wanted to do to the house. No good. The house just isn't WORTH the full price, there's too many "little things" that need to be done. New carpet, painting, trim around the garage door, a little bit of concrete work on the front walkway. Oh, did I mention that the house has been on the market for 71 days?

So, I suppose I might keep looking. Hopefully the right house for me is out there.....somewhere. I'm not sure if I'm even going to counter their offer.

I'm working today for overtime, I'm realizing that things for houses are SUPER expensive. I'll need to get a washer/dryer, refrigerator, vacuum cleaner, kitchen table and chairs, etc. So, right now I'll pick up all the overtime I can get my hands on.

I'll keep you updated on the house hunting.

2 comments:

Dustin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dustin said...

I live in the Mustang area and have a home for sale . Check it out online at www.2108dogwood.com. If you like it email me at merryfim@msn.com