1.01.2009

2009

This year I'm doing Ali's "one word" for the year.

So many words come to mind, however. My word is....

Grateful.

Lately I've been relizing how grateful I am. Especially each and every day when I am going into people's houses and scooping up the sick and rushing them to the hospital.

I ran a homeless man 2 nights ago. He got hit by a car. His right tib/fib was broken and he had a deep laceration on his forehead where you could see skull. He had no money. No home. Nothing, except the clothes on his back and a baseball hat. It tore me up inside to have to cut off his jeans with my trauma shears. These are this man's only pair of pants and I'm cutting them up. I took him to the hospital. I pray that he is doing okay.

So, my word is "grateful" and I will focus on how grateful I am each and every day. For my family. For my friends. For my home. For my clothing. For my education.

0 comments: