5.22.2008

I survived my first week of EMT school. It is wonderful. I love it. My instructor is a lady named Sherri. She is a paramedic with Brian. There are 16 people in my class, 12 boys and 4 girls. The 4 of us girls stick together and we keep the boys in line. We even have a hot Australian guy in class too.

I take vitals like crazy now. Blood pressure, lung sounds, heart rate, pulse, skin color, AVPU scale, etc. It's funny because we've all gotten VERY personal with eachother already. Ha ha. Brian warned me of this. The guys fart like it's no big deal and us girls just look at eachother and say, "You gross boys!".

Speaking of Brian....he is so sweet. On Wednesday he was waiting for me outside of my classroom at the end of the day. Totally surprised me! He left today for Hawaii for his sister's wedding. I made him a little "Brian Fun Pack" with some magazines, Indiana Jones playing cards, Laffy Taffy, Trail Mix, gum, etc. He called me today when he made it to LA and again when he got to Hawaii. We're going to see one of his favorite bands next Friday. I'm excited. He's pretty awesome. I think I might do my clincals with him. He keeps asking me to do rotations with him. We'll see. I know he'd teach me a lot. On Tuesday evening I went to the station where he was working and he taught me some stuff for class. We played with the LifePack and I did an EKG on him.

Hope you have a great Memorial Day!

XOXO

1 comments:

~Kim said...

YEAH You!!! I didn't want to bother you this week because I knew you'd be adjusting to your classes and studying! I am so glad that you LOVE your EMT classes!! That is so awesome.

And Brian, come on could he be any sweeter??? Keeping my fingers crossed on that one...sounds like he's a keeper!

I will give you a call this weekend.....or early next week.

~Kim