7.20.2009

what was I thinking

Seriously. I amaze myself.

Making dinner tonight was horrendous. Entirely too spicy. It might top the list with the grossest things I've ever made, although, it wasn't as bad as coq au vin. It wasn't anything like my mom's food, that's for sure.

Work today was interesting to say the least. 7 calls, 3 transports and the other 4 did refusals. We got a call for "smell coming from air vent". It's dispatched as an inhalation injury, so we're thinking it might be something legitimate. Oh no, the woman wanted her air vent changed. YES! (Did you jaw just drop open?) It was ridiculous!

However, the award for the biggest loser of the day goes to my last patient, who was arrested and in jail. His had was a little bloody from putting it though a piece of glass (yup, that'll do it). Long story short, he tried to kiss me. I pushed his head back and gave him a good butt chewing about not touching me. Then he says, "you're pretty". oh lordy. needless to say, the police and fire department guys found this wildly hilarious and in retrospect, it was, but at the time, i was in 100% fighting mode.

(what's with the no capitalization today? woops!)

on that note, I'm off to bed. Working my butt off this week. I've got 44 hours of overtime scheduled. that's just about another ENTIRE paycheck. i have lots of stuff i want to buy for my house, therefore, a girl's gotta work.

0 comments: